- This event has passed.
Women’s Chainsaw Safety Q&A (virtual)
November 14, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
9:00 – 10:30 a.m. ET
This Q&A session is intended to provide a safe and welcoming learning environment for women who are new to chainsaws. We will answer your questions about:
- the fundamentals of women’s chainsaw safety including how to find well-fitting safety equipment,
- choosing the right saw for you,
- how to maintain your saw, and
- other topics.
You are encouraged to bring your saw (if you have one already). At times, we may work in breakout groups to make it easier to ask questions.
- Read this article about safety and comfort tips for women chainsaw users!
- Women’s Chainsaw Safety Fundamentals: A two-part webinar series. (this webinar set is NOT intended to take the place of full, in-person safety training. We cover the basics and recommend a full, hands-on training before operating a chainsaw).
Virtual meeting details
This interactive webinar will be offered through a virtual Zoom platform. You need a computer with working internet. For audio, you can either use your computer or a phone. A webcam is desirable, but not required. You will be able to ask questions out loud or by typing into the chat box and hear answers to your questions live.
This event is offered by the Southern Aroostook Soil and Water Conservation District in partnership with the Forest Stewards Guild, Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association, and the national Women Owning Woodlands network.