Celebrating 25 Years of Stewardship!
The year 2020 marked 25 years of Guild activity, influence, and results for ecological forestry. During this quarter century, the Forest Stewards Guild has created a space for foresters and other stewards to build community, as they find new ways to manage and learn from the forest, while creating lasting results for all who depend on those forests.
Finally, in August of 2021, we were able to gather in Asheville, NC to celebrate our first 25 years together, and continue to learn together. Thank you to everyone who presented, attended, helped coordinate, and fully engaged in this event!
Enjoy the photos from our time together below. We'll be posting more, including your quotes and reflections, soon! You can also view PDFs of the presentation slides from the event below.
Presentation PDFs from 25th anniversary Guild Gathering
- Southern Blue Ridge Silviculture, GregCooper, The Nature Conservancy
- Shortleaf Pine Restoration on the Southern Cumberland Plateau, Ken Smith, University of the South Sewanee
- Coastal Plain Longleaf Management, Kevin McIntyre, Jones Center at Ichauway
- Remnant Old Growth Longleaf Pine Savannas and Forests of the Southeastern USA, J. Morgan Varner and John Kush - PDF
- Bird-Friendly Recommendations for Bottomland Forests in the Carolinas, Tim Evans, Audubon SC
- Desired Forest Conditions for Wildlife, Brian Roy Lockhart, Hardwood Silviculture, LLC, Arkansas
by Steven Harrington, Nov 2020
by Jeffrey Smith, Oct 2020
by Bren Whittaker, Sept 2020
by Robert Hrubes, May 2020
by Robert Perschel, March 2020
by Barrie Brusila, February 2020
by Henry Carey, November 2019
by Al Sample, October 2019
by Ross Morgan, September 2019
Share a story/quote?
Let's celebrate together!