Students inspire and carry the spark
It may sound cliché, yet students are the future of responsible forest stewardship. The Guild is growing our support for student members through improved communications, partnering more closely with mentors at colleges and universities, and providing tools such as the Student Chapter tool kit for those wanting to engage the next generation in ecological forestry.
The Guild "Spark"
Student members of the Guild are often looking for new possibilities in their natural resources profession, just like founding members of the Guild were 25 years ago. This hunger and quest for innovative, sustainable answers to forest stewardship challenges is part of what sets the Guild apart. The Forest Stewards Guild is a community. Core to this community is a belief and professional adherence to the highest ethical standards, and our core principals. Guild members have an unwavering curiosity and practice towards forest stewardship that honors a "triple bottom-line:" ecological, economical, and social responsibility. Many Guild members are members of other organizations too because partnerships and collaboration are crucial to good forestry. The Guild's unique piece is the community aspect of people who are eager to see and do things differently, putting the forest first for the benefit of forests and all who depend on them.
- Student Chapter Manual
- MPC representatives focused on helping with student initiatives
- Jobs list, updated regularly
- Events, always open to student attendance, usually at reduced rates
- Find A Forester Directory, to find professional Guild members in your college or region.
- Yearly internships and Youth Corps opportunities listed on our website and e-newsletters
- A list of established student chapters and contact information
- New ways to link student members to each other
- Its free while you are in school and up to a year longer until you secure employment
about our recent projects and upcoming events.