Seeing the Forest for the Queers
Seeing the Forest for the Queers (SFQ)
Seeing the Forest for the Queers is a community committed to equipping LGBTQIA+ identifying natural resource practitioners, professionals, and students with resources to aid in navigating their careers in forest stewardship. We, as Queer and Queer-allied forest stewards, advocate for LGBTQIA+ needs and visibility in forestry and other natural resource fields.
To accomplish this, we will...
- Foster nationwide community through regular LGBTQIA+ community gatherings
- Provide a “naturally Queer” perspective on forest management
- Develop tools to support LGBTQIA+ forest stewards in the workplace
- Empower colleagues to act as LGBTQIA+ allies
We build community and provide resources to support LGBTQIA+ needs and visibility in forestry and other natural resource professions.
- Find past and upcoming events on our event's page
- Allies Lunch and Learn: Inclusive Field Work YouTube recording and PDF, 2023
- Queer Ecologies Panel event recording, 2023
about our recent projects and upcoming events.