Model Forest Program
The Model Forest program promotes long term conservation of working forests, acknowledges the best work of our members, and exemplifies our guiding principles. Model Forests recognize places, people, and relationships that foster sustainable forest management and demonstrate successful silviculture.
MODEL FOREST PROGRAM CRITERIA
- The Model Forest demonstrates alignment with the Guild principles.
- Model Forest management is guided by a comprehensive, written, forest management plan.
- The Model Forest is under stable ownership with evidence of transparent decision making, and Model Forest owners and foresters are willing to commit to the Model Forest program through a memorandum of understanding.
- The Model Forest is under management by a Forest Stewards Guild professional member, ensuring that both the owner’s long-term goals and the demonstration objectives of a Guild Model Forest can be achieved.
- The Model Forest has high demonstration value.
- Amherst NH Town Conservation Land
- Baxter State Park Scientific Forest Management Area, ME
- Dartmouth Second College Grant, NH
- Gould Farm, MA
- James Tree Farm, NH
- Morgan's Peak Forest, VT
- Sylvan Acres Tree Farm, VT
- Wicopy Woods, ME
- Lydia Spitzer Demonstration Forest,
- NorthWoods Stewardship Center, VT
- Cornish and Libby Forests, MN
- Michigan Technological University, Ford Research Forest, Alberta, MI
- The Nature Conservancy, Two Hearted River Reserve, Luce County, MI
- Arcata Community Forest, CA
- Belton Forest, OR
- Bussman Forest, CA
- Drinkwater, Rancho Laguna Forest, CA
- Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA
- Parker Family Forest, CA
- Plantation Forest, CA
- Tree Shepherd Woods, WA
- Zena Timber, OR
about our recent projects and upcoming events.