Cibola County CWPP
Cibola County Community Wildfire Protection Plan
Living with wildfire is a part of living in Cibola County. How we prepare for it makes all the difference.
Help us with the plan!
The first draft of the CWPP is complete as of 5/7/2020. Please review it and send any comments to Sam Berry at email@example.com. Your participation is crucial to creating a plan that works for Cibola County!
By building on the strengths and knowledge of residents and professionals in the area we will collaboratively create a useful plan to guide wildfire preparedness in the coming years.
The goals of the plan are to:
- Work collaboratively with the community and stakeholders
- Prioritize actions to advance Cibola County's wildfire resilience
- Identify assets available in the community to prepare for and deal with wildfire
- Create a diverse team of stakeholders to carry out the plan
- Describe progress that has been made to prepare for wildfire
- Identify "Communities at risk" and determine their risk of wildfire
- Identify the Wildland Urban Interface where homes and infrastructure are at risk of wildfire
For more information, see the contacts in the yellow bar below.
The planning process will be led by the Forest Stewards Guild, Cibola County, and the Northern New Mexico Council of Governments.
- Fire Adapted New Mexico (a network of helpful people, and tools to prepare for fire and smoke).
- Handbook: Developing a CWPP (2004)
- New Mexico State Forestry CWPP Page
- Guidance for updating CWPPs (NM State Forestry)
- Communities at Risk of Wildfire in New Mexico (2018), from New Mexico State Forestry
- Living with Fire - a Homeowners Guide (English)
- Viviendo Con Incendios Una guía para los dueños de casas (español)
about our recent projects and upcoming events.