- This event has passed.
Virtual Guild Gathering – questions and stories of adaptation and resilience
April 21, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Connecting our community: share your questions and your stories of effects, adaptation, and resilience.
Webinar April 21, 2:00 – 3:00 pm CT
The Covid-19 pandemic is a true crisis and is a time for our community to pull together and reinforce our connection. We are finding ways the Guild can help during this pandemic and one of the best is to start with our members.
We are collecting emails from you that share the effects or “silver linings” of the pandemic that you discovered. We’ll share adaptations you’ve made to continue your work, where possible. And we’ll share the ways you are building resilience personally or in your community.
After receiving the emails, this webinar is one way we will come together to share more discussion. We’ll have some guided questions and a process for participation on this webinar. The intent though, is for you to offer an ear or a voice in our community to help others learn, think about things in new ways, find resources, and feel hopeful and supported. The Guild community is great at this!!! We can pull it off online!!!
We’ll share more info about the webinar soon. For now:
We’re interested in:
- Ways consulting foresters are adapting to social distancing,
- Approaches to connecting with landowners during a pandemic,
- Signs that Covid-19 may be forcing land sales,
- Safe approaches to working in the woods during a pandemic,
- Ways you’re preparing for fire season,
- Other things you are doing to respond.
- Regional follow-up webinars and conference calls to keep the connection strong in the coming weeks,
- A place to collect resources to share with everyone…probably on our website.
Tips for logging into Zoom
After you register, and again the day before the webinar, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting online, where you’ll be able to see each other and any materials we share. You’ll also receive a phone number if you wish to call in instead. If you join online, you can either use your computer/headphones audio or use your phone for audio if you also call in.
If you wish, you may join the zoom webinar up to 10 minutes early to troubleshoot or get oriented. We’ll be there to help. If you’ve never used zoom before, you may need to download the application before you login with the link.
Leave a Comment