Village of Angel Fire CWPP
Village of Angel Fire Community Wildfire Protection Plan
About the Village of Angel Fire Community CWPP:
Living with wildfire is a part of living in the Village of Angel Fire. How we prepare for it makes all the difference.
Building on the strengths and knowledge of residents and professionals in the area, we will collaboratively create a useful plan to guide wildfire preparedness in the coming years.
The goals of the plan are to:
- Work collaboratively with the community and stakeholders,
- Prioritize actions to advance the Village of Angel Fire’s wildfire resilience,
- Identify assets available in the community to prepare for and deal with wildfire,
- Create a diverse team of stakeholders to carry out the plan,
- Describe progress that has been made to prepare for wildfire,
- Identify "Communities at risk" and determine their risk of wildfire, and
- Identify the Wildland Urban Interface where homes and infrastructure are at risk of wildfire.
Over 33 stakeholders participated in the February 17th meetings from Taos County, Colfax County, and Village of Angel Fire. Discussion focused on identifying priority projects for wildfire risk reduction
The planning process was led by the Forest Stewards Guild, and the Village of Angel Fire.
For more information contact: Gabe Kohler: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fire Adapted New Mexico (a network of helpful people, and tools to prepare for fire and smoke).
- Handbook: Developing a CWPP (2004)
- New Mexico State Forestry CWPP Page
- Guidance for updating CWPPs (NM State Forestry)
- Communities at Risk of Wildfire in New Mexico (2018), from New Mexico State Forestry
- Living with Fire - a Homeowners Guide (English)
- Viviendo Con Incendios Una guía para los dueños de casas (español)
about our recent projects and upcoming events.