Mora County CWPP
Draft of the Community Wildfire Protection Plan
Available now! Please review and comment.
The first draft of the Mora CWPP is ready for review. Please review it and bring any comments or suggestions to the Public meeting on July 9th. If you cannot attend the meeting contact Sam Berry at email@example.com or 541-816-6371 or Rhiley Allbee at firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments.
About the Mora County CWPP:
Living with wildfire is a part of living in Mora County. How we prepare for it makes all the difference.
By building on the strengths and knowledge of residents and professionals in the area we hope to make a useful plan to guide preparedness in the coming years while also bringing together stakeholders with a common goal.
The goals of the plan are:
- Identify assets available in the community to prepare for and deal with wildfire,
- Work collaboratively with the community and stakeholders, and
- Prioritize actions to advance Mora County's wildfire resilience.
We will also:
- Describe progress made to prepare the area for wildfire,
- Identify "Communities at risk" and determine their risk of wildfire, and
- Identify the Wildland Urban Interface area in the county.
- 2005 Mora Cty Wildfire Protection Plan
- 2002 Mora Cty WUI Protection Plan
- Handbook: Developing a CWPP (2004)
- New Mexico State Forestry CWPP Page
- Guidance for updating CWPPs (NM State Forestry)
- Communities at Risk of Wildfire in New Mexico (2017), from New Mexico State Forestry
- Living with Fire - a Homeowners Guide (English)
- Viviendo Con Incendios Una guía para los dueños de casas (español)
about our recent projects and upcoming events.