Register soon! Space is limited.
May 20, 2023
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Location: Forest Grove, OR (off Hwy 6). The event address will be shared after registration.
- 3 Cat.1 SAF (Society of American Foresters) Credits.
- 1 CEU in Category I of the Certified Wildlife Biologist®/Professional Development Certificate Program
- 3 CEU from ISA (International Society of Arboriculture)
Join us and wildlife biologist Nicole Ruggiero from the Tualatin Soil and Water Conservation District and forester Scott Hayes (retired) from Oregon Department of Forestry who will help demonstrate the Forestry for the Birds Western Oregon Guide and identify birds and habitat preferences.
This Guide was developed to assist woodland caretakers including landowners, loggers, foresters, natural resource managers, or practitioners, to identify, assess, and support a healthy forest with birds in mind. We will review the guide while walking through various habitats and forest stages. Learn more about the focal birds within the Guide, bird habitat preferences, identifying understory plants, and forest structure and variability that make appealing habitat for different bird species.
We look forward to meeting you, hearing about your management goals and efforts, wildlife, and bird observations! Please bring your stories, curiosity, and binoculars if you have them. We will have coffee and cake for the early bird!
8:30 – Early birds get coffee & pastries
9:00 – Welcome & Introductions
9:45 – What is Forestry for the Birds?
10:00 – A walk around applying the Guide
12:00 – End Workshop
NOTE: Policy on event cancellations –
- If a registrant cancels their own registration at least 48 hours ahead of the event and wants a refund for registration fees, we will issue a refund.
- If the Guild cancels an event, we will refund registrants the full amount they paid, including any credit card fees they covered with their original registration.
This event is free for Guild and Oregon Small Woodland Association (OSWA) members.