- This event has passed.
OSU – USFS Mt. Hood National Forest Camping Trip
May 13 @ 3:00 pm - May 15 @ 3:00 pm
Registration coming soon
Friday, May 13 at 4:00 p.m. – Sunday, May 15 at 12:00 p.m.
Location: Frog Lake Campground, Mt. Hood National Forest – Frog Lake Trail #530, Government Camp, OR 97028
Directions: From Sandy, travel 62 miles east on Highway 26, then continue 1 mile west through the Snow-Park on Forest Road 2610.
Note: Vehicle space is limited to 1 vehicle per two people.
Join us for this spring camping trip in the Mt. Hood National Forest. We will take a tour with the OSU Student Chapter of some of the USFS summer management forest efforts. We’ll be touring the area and hearing about the forest’s alternative revenue sources including special forest products, post fire recovery efforts, recreation, forest science projects, and so much more!
5/13 – Friday: Arrival
- 3pm – 9pm: Check-In & Dinner on your own
- 7pm – 9pm: Campfire & S’mores
5/14 – Saturday: Field Tour
- 7 am: Continental Breakfast (muffins, bagels, granola, hot oatmeal, fruit)
- 8 am: Clean-up & Pack Lunch
- 9 am: Field Tour
- 12 pm: Lunch (Sandwich or salad and treats)
- 4:00 pm: Return to Camp (snacks & free time)
- 6 pm: Dinner (Hot dogs & Hamburgers – veggie too)
- 8 pm: Campfire & S’mores
5/15 – Sunday: Departure
- 8 am: Hot and/or Continental Breakfast
- 9 am: Cleanup & Pack up
- 10 am: Free Time
- 12 pm: Check-out
Registrants will be responsible for the following:
- Water bottle(s)
- Extra or Special snacks
- Hiking Gear (boots, poles, backpack, etc.)
- Camping Gear (tent, sleeping bag and pad, chairs, headlamp/flashlight, etc.)
- Toiletries & Insect repellent
- Appropriate clothing (layers, rain gear, warm coats, hats, etc.)
- Sun Protection (sunscreen, hat, long sleeve/pants)
- ALL your own beverages including tea, coffee, adult beverages, etc.
- Your own dishes (plate and bowl), utensils, cups/mugs, and napkins.
Optional: If you do not plan on signing up for meals, you will be responsible for all your own meals, food, food storage, and cooking materials (i.e., stove, coolers, cooking utensils, pots, and pans).
Optional: Firewood – please be prepared to take your firewood home with you if you do not use it all.
Conditions: This may include longer walks on uneven terrain or steep terrain. Check weather.