- This event has passed.
Climate Change and Adirondack Forests
September 12, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Register by September 1 ($25)
Preparing for Climate Change
Forest and natural resource managers face the tremendous challenge of developing and implementing management actions that help ecosystems respond to climate change. This session will:
- Provide information on the current and anticipated effects of climate change on the Adirondack region and its forests
- Describe resources and tools that can be used to integrate climate change into management
- Outline adaptation concepts and strategies in the context of sustainable forest management
- Identify actions that enhance the ability of forests and other ecosystems to adapt to changing conditions
- Highlight real-world examples of adaptation projects and engage in a variety of interactive activities to identify climate change issues and potential adaptation actions.
Adaptation in the Woods
This session will include an active, hands-on training held outdoors in the afternoon. Attendees will use the adaptation workbook to discuss actions for responding to climate change for a nearby forest.
Questions? Email Maria Janowiak at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Comment