- This event has passed.
Western Oregon Urban Forests for the Birds
May 19 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 am
Register soon! Spaces are limited.
May 19, 2023
8:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- 3 Cat.1 SAF (Society of American Foresters) Credits.
- 1 CEU in Category I of the Certified Wildlife Biologist®/Professional Development Certificate Program
- 3 CEU from ISA (International Society of Arboriculture)
This event is for woodland caretakers including landowners, HOA and condo/apartment communities, park managers, foresters, natural resource managers, or anyone interested in natural resource conservation.
Join us for Forestry for the Birds, Western Oregon Guide. We will be joined by an expert birder from Portland Audubon and the West Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District’s forest conservationist. They will help demonstrate the Guide and identify birds and habitat preferences.
This Guide was developed to assist woodland caretakers identify, assess, and support a healthy forest with birds in mind. We will review the guide while walking through the Sanctuary learning more about the focal birds within the Guide and bird habitat preferences. We will identify trees and plants, learn more about the forest types of Western Oregon, and the forest structure and variability that make appealing habitat for different bird species. In addition, in fitting with the location of this workshop, we will be applying the Guide to urban forests.
You do not need to be an expert birder for this outing or a forest landowner. Just bring your curiosity, willingness to share, and if you have them, binoculars. We will have coffee and cake for the early bird, so we hope to see you bright and early in May!
8:00 – Early birds get coffee & pastries
8:30 – Welcome & Introductions
8:45 – What is Forestry for the Birds?
9:00 – Applying the Guide Walk
11:30 – End Workshop
Note: Policy on event cancellations –
- If a registrant cancels their own registration 48 hours ahead of the event and wants a refund for registration fees, we will issue a refund for the event’s registration amount.
- If the Guild cancels an event, we will refund registrants the full amount they paid, including any credit card fees they covered with their original registration.
This event is free for Guild and Portland Audubon Members.