- This event has passed.
From the Trees to the Tap: Forest Management in the Waynesville Watershed
October 4, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
9:00 am – 3:00 pm ET
Location: Waynesville, NC. Exact meeting location will be sent after registration.
4 SAF CFEs approved (Category 1)
Forests of Western North Carolina are not only beautiful and fun to recreate in, but they also help to supply clean water. This event will showcase the intersection of forest management and water quality. Hosted by Forest Stewards and the Town of Waynesville, we will be joined by professionals from Coweeta Hydrologic Lab, NC State University, Western Carolina University, the Forest Stewards Guild, and the Town of Waynesville to talk about forests and water, from the trees to the tap.
- 9:00 | Welcome
- 9:15 | The importance of forests for water quality
- 9:45 | Changing forests effects on water
- 10:15 | Break
- 10:25 | History of the Waynesville watershed
- 10:50 | Forest stewardship strategies in the Waynesville watershed
- 11:15 | Lunch (provided) and travel to watershed
- 12:30 | Tour of the watershed
- 3:00 | Return to parked cars and optional social (Have you ever wondered why there are so many breweries in Western North Carolina? Good water makes good beer!)
Accessibility: The education session will be held indoors with access to bathrooms. We will be in the woods on uneven terrain for the field tour. Adequate hiking shoes recommended. Contact Dakota Wagner with questions. Dakota AT forestguild.org
Leave a Comment