- This event has passed.
Forestry for the Birds – Western Oregon: A Workshop for Natural Resource Professionals
June 2 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Register Limited to 30 attendees
June 2, 2023
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: Forest Grove, OR (off Hwy 6). The event address will be shared after registration.
- 3 Cat.1 SAF (Society of American Foresters) Credits.
- 1 CEU in Category I of the Certified Wildlife Biologist®/Professional Development Certificate Program
- 3 CEU from ISA (International Society of Arboriculture)
Other credits pending.
Join us for Forestry for the Birds Western Oregon Guide. We will be joined by a wildlife biologist, Nicole Ruggiero from Tualatin Soil and Water Conservation District and forester from Trout Mountain Forestry to help demonstrate the Guide and identify birds and habitat preferences.
This Guide was developed in part to act as a communication tool to assist foresters, natural resource managers and practitioners when discussing with landowners how to support a healthy forest with birds in mind. We will review the Guide while walking through various stands and habitats. We will learn more about the focal birds within the Guide, bird habitat preferences, identify associated understory species, and how forest structure and variability play a vital role in supporting desirable habitat for different bird species, as well as a healthy and functional forest.
We look forward to meeting you, hearing about your management efforts, projects, and wildlife and bird observations! Please bring questions, curiosity, and binoculars if you have them. We will have coffee and cake for the early bird!
8:30 – Early birds get coffee & pastries
9:00 – Welcome & Introductions
9:45 – What is Forestry for the Birds?
10:00 – A walk around applying the Guide
12:00 – End Workshop
NOTE: Policy on event cancellations –
- If a registrant cancels their own registration 48 hours ahead of the event and wants a refund for registration fees, we will issue a refund.
- If the Guild cancels an event, we will refund registrants the full amount they paid, including any credit card fees they covered with their original registration.