Employer: Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
Location: Amherst, Massachusetts
Application deadline: apply in the first two weeks after the posting date of July 30 to get priority consideration. Position will be open for 90 days.
The Management Forestry Program Director oversees the State Public Lands Management Forestry Program by developing relationships with program constituents, overseeing forest management activities on state lands within DCR’s Division of State Parks and Forests, maintaining policies and procedures, developing performance measures, providing fiscal oversight, managing multiple funding accounts, reporting to DCR senior staff on program performance, coordinating events and training programs and attending, on behalf of the state, relevant workshops, seminars, lectures and conferences related to state lands management.
- Monitor, assess and manage the Commonwealth’s forests in a sustainable, exemplary manner.
- Oversee the preparation and editing of Forest Resource Management Plans and the review of the Landscape Designations for DCR Parks and Forests; Selection Criteria and Management Guidelines.
- Conduct public outreach for State Lands Management. Work on interpretive/educational messaging about forest management.
- Help contribute to the redraft of the state’s Forest Action Plan.
- Assist Director with Bureau/DCR meetings.
- Work with IT on continued improvements to forest database management.
- Coordinate forest monitoring with Forest Ecosystem Monitoring Cooperative.
- Help coordinate forest studies on DCR properties.
- And much more!