Employer: Maine Natural Areas Program, in the Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry
Location: Augusta, Maine
Application deadline: February 10, 2023
The Maine Natural Areas Program seeks a summer intern to assist with the mapping, treatment, and monitoring of invasive terrestrial and wetland plants throughout Maine.
- searching for invasive plants,
- documenting infestations using field forms, cameras, maps, and handheld GPS units;
- removing invasive plants with hand tools;
- monitoring and treating infestations; and
- assisting with invasive plant workshops.
Office work includes:
- data entry,
- creating maps using iMapInvasives and ArcGIS,
- assisting with invasive plant management recommendation reports,
- preparing education and outreach materials, and
- contacting landowners.
Applicants must be able to work outdoors for long periods of time under a wide variety of conditions, including long days on foot carrying heavy gear in hot weather.
|Job Category||Internship, Fellowship or Assistantship|