Employer: The Nature Conservancy
Location: Bristol, Florida
Application deadline: Applications will be reviewed in the order they’re received and the position will remain open until filled. Posted date was January 5, 2021.
The Restoration Technician is a staff member of the Stewardship and Field Programs Department (SAF) of The Nature Conservancy’s (TNC) Florida Chapter. SAF is responsible for implementing and managing field conservation work (e.g., wildland fire management, invasive species control, habitat restoration, etc) across Florida and stewardship of the Florida Chapter’s network of preserves. The preserves are part of TNC’s Center for Conservation Initiatives (CCI).
The Restoration Technician performs and participates in operations, maintenance and management related to longleaf pine forest ecosystems on TNC and partner conservation property.
- Perform land management and restoration activities in the longleaf pine community and embedded isolated wetlands
- Remove exotic species
- Conduct rare species monitoring
- Assist in forestry field data collection
- Assist with restoration contract management and oversight
- Participate in prescribed fire program
- Assist with fleet, equipment and tool maintenance
- Maintain records using a database or PC
Responsibilities and scope:
- Supervises no staff, but may help plan and lead work groups, including staff, contractors or volunteers.
- May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain, and under physically demanding circumstances.
- Requires considerable physical exertion and/or muscular strain.
- Requires flexible schedule including extended workdays, weekend and holiday work.
- Often requires working in isolated settings.