Employer: New England Forestry Foundation
Locations: Primarily based in a range of New England locations, with the expectation of at least monthly attendance at meetings held in Littleton, Massachusetts.
Application deadline: none listed (still posted as of Nov 30, 2021)
The Public Relations Specialist will lead and expand NEFF’s media relations program in order to build up NEFF’s reputation and to increase the public and key audiences’ awareness of NEFF, the organization’s accomplishments, and the organization’s work at a time when NEFF is poised to make a real impact on climate change.
- Help lead a team in developing an organization-wide media strategy tailored to key NEFF markets, including Maine, the Boston area and western Massachusetts.
- Grow NEFF’s press and media operations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters and editors.
- Research, write, and edit press releases; pitch stories; and develop talking points, media statements, fact sheets and media kits.
- Respond to and coordinate media requests, including identifying appropriate NEFF experts or spokespersons, scheduling interviews, coordinating site visits, and managing image requests.
- Manage and post media resources and materials on NEFF websites, including press releases, media mentions, and media kits.
- And more.