Employer: Cottonwood Gulch
Locations: Albuquerque, NM (mid-August to May) and Thoreau, NM (June to mid-August), with statewide travel including some camping in frontcountry and backcountry settings.
Application deadline: August 23, 2021 or thereafter until filled (still posted as of Aug 25)
The Program Director is responsible for overseeing the implementation of CGE’s programs. Working alongside the education director and operations staff, this person will be the main point person for our staff team. They will take the lead on hiring, scheduling, and overseeing our seasonal staff team, with direct support from the rest of the Leadership Team. The ideal candidate will have experience managing staff and experience in an educational setting, with a love of the outdoors and a desire to inspire children through outdoor experiential learning. This person should have experience managing budgets and be prepared to take a leadership role in our programs, including our summer program in Thoreau, NM.
Staff Leadership and Support:
- Oversee the implementation of our outdoor learning programs. This begins with the well being and training of our most important asset, our staff team. It also includes supervising an Operations Manager (who will ensure the smooth running of our day-to-day field programs).
- Take the lead in hiring and scheduling our seasonal staff team.
- Directly supervise our Operations Manager, Outreach Coordinator, and seasonal Group Leaders,
- Provide regular support and guidance for our field staff in dealing with issues that arise in dealing with outdoor programs in the front country and the backcountry.
- and more.
Administrative and other duties:
- Help create and manage budgets for CGE expeditions.
- Collaborate with the administrative team to develop aspects of the organization’s annual and seasonal financial budgets and goals.
- Assist in finding and writing grants to support CGE programs.
- and more.