Plant Pathologist – 2 positions
Posted 1 week ago
Employer: USDA Forest Service
Locations: Pineville, LA and Asheville, NC
Application deadline: March 24, 2023
Full position description and application instructions
Summary of duties:
- Provide technical assistance concerning forest diseases to land managers.
- Provide recommendations to land users regarding ways they can best use land, promote plant growth, or avoid or correct problems.
- Identify pathogens to determine damage caused by organisms.
- Coordinate and implement all aspects of a pathogen detection, evaluation, prevention, and control program.
- Conduct evaluations to gain knowledge concerning disease biology, ecological relationships, parasitic effects, survey methodology, or new control techniques.
- Analyze collected data in consultation with other professionals
- Write guidelines related to plant pathology that are incorporated into project plans or other management documents.
- Implement technology transfer plans to provide information to specialists and resource managers.