Employer: Baskahegan Company
Location: Brookton, Maine
Application deadline: Open until filled
Baskahegan is a 100 year-‐old (5th generation) family company that owns 120,000 acres of sustainably managed timberland in eastern Maine. The OF works with the Woodlands Manager to plan sustainable logging operations on company owned lands. The OF implements and supervises all timber harvesting. This includes determining silviculture appropriate for the site, harvest preparation, basic mapping, crew supervision, prescribing BMPs, and setting product sorts. The OF will also work with the Forest Modeling/GIS Forester to record post-harvest stand assessments. Candidates must be self-motivated and capable of independent work.
- Maine Forestry License or the ability to obtain a Maine Forestry license within one year of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Forestry, Forest Management, or equivalent
- Two years experience in supervising commercial timber harvests in accordance with Best Management Practices.
- Experience planning and maintaining forest roads to conserve soil and water resources
- Training and experience with Stream Smart ecological road crossings for fish passage
- Proficiency in GPS, GIS, excel, and word processing.
- Experience with implementing forest certification standards preferred.
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include: Employer sponsored health care, HSA contributions, and an employer matched 401(k) retirement plan. A company vehicle is provided for business use.
Applications and Contact:
Please provide a cover letter and resume in a single document and email them to: email@example.com. Select candidates will be asked to provide three references (with no more than one academic reference) as well as successfully pass a background check.