Employer: The Nature Conservancy
Location: Bristol, Florida
Application deadline: October 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Full position description and application instructions (search job #50345)
The North Florida Conservation Partnership Forester coordinates with work teams to ensure the coordination and implementation of forest management plans on both Conservancy and partner lands in the longleaf pine ecosystem.
Responsibilities and scope:
- Works in conjunction with supervisor and other NFL staff on longleaf pine forestry partnership projects in the NFL region.
- Works in close consultation with partner staff to ensure project objectives and outcomes are achieved and acceptable.
- Responsible for ensuring project parameters adhere to both Conservancy and partner SOP’s.
- Provides field oversight on a wide range of contractual projects, including timber sales, road maintenance, site prep (mowing, chopping, herbicide release), and reforestation.
- Works closely with ANF staff to develop and package timber sales in the Hurricane Michael recovery zone, as well as post-sale restoration and reforestation projects.
- Develops and maintains geospatial data on projects using GPS receivers and GIS.
- And more…