Employer: Cottonwood Gulch Expeditions
Location: Albuquerque, NM (August to June). Thoreau, NM (June to August).
Application deadline: Position Open Until Filled. Applications submitted prior to April 15, 2021 will be given priority consideration.
Students in Wilderness Initiative (~85%):
- Prepare, schedule, facilitate, and support classroom-based learning experiences about land designation and Wilderness with middle school students throughout New Mexico,
- Check in with classroom teachers throughout the year for classroom sessions and field-based expeditions,
- Guide students in a project-based learning component,
- Schedule and communicate with stakeholders for classrooms sessions,
- Facilitate and attend planning meetings via phone and in person with teachers and administrators, represent CGE in a professional manner, facilitate and attend after-school parent meetings with families of SIWI students, answer questions about risk, backpacking, relevance of curriculum, etc.
- Build relationships with students, parents, teachers, administrators, and other community leaders to support the SIWI program,
- and more.
Summer Expeditions (~10%):
- Lead and support outdoor education expeditions across the American Southwest, including in frontcountry and backcountry settings, ranging from single day programs to multi-week programs,
- Depending on position, spend up to 21 nights at a time camping in the field, total overnight field work for summer expeditions will be 25 days or less.
- Specific role in summer programs will be determined based on employee’s skills and interests and the staffing needs of the organization
- Willing to live at our summer Basecamp in Thoreau, NM from June 1st – Aug 15th
Program Support (~5%):