Employer: Lomakatsi Restoration Project
Location: Ashland, Oregon
Application deadline: Rolling…desire to fill asap
Lomakatsi seeks a full-time Ecological Forestry professional with experience in project and program
management to join our leadership team and growing organization. It is preferred that applicants have a
MS degree in Forestry, Forest Ecology or Natural Resources with job history as a practitioner in the fields of
restoration forestry and ecosystem management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee Ecological Monitoring and Restoration Forestry programs staff, including 2-4 Restoration Technicians who will be direct reports to this position
- Work with partners to provide technical assistance in project development, planning, management, fine-scale ecological treatment design, monitoring, and implementation for ecosystem restoration projects
- Oversee Ecological Monitoring Program, including managing the collection, processing and analysis of field data—as it pertains to prescription development, databases and reporting–by working with technical field staff in conducting forest inventories
- Prepare Forest Stewardship and Conservation Activity Plans by working with state and federal agencies, private landowners and community stakeholders during restoration project development and planning
- Utilize ArcGIS to produce maps for restoration projects and co-manage associated databases
- And much more!!!