Employer: Aitkin County, Minnesota
Location: Aitkin, Minnesota
Application deadline: Open until filled
Develops and superintends the management of the land and resources owned by Aitkin County to ensure economic, environmental and social benefits to Aitkin County and the general public. Fiduciary responsibility to County taxpayers and local units of government to manage tax forfeited lands and resources producing both immediate and future direct and indirect revenue developing and promoting the resources and economy of Aitkin County.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Oversee management activity of natural resources on County lands.
- Market and promote County Natural Resources
- Supervise the development, management, and maintenance of timber, minerals, wildlife, and other natural resources on County lands.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of the County parks, water and road access program, campgrounds, wayside rests, recreation trails, and swimming beaches.
- Formulate policy for management of lands.
- Develop and supervise a comprehensive management plan (long-term and short-term) for County lands.
- Supervise and maintain an accurate record of ownership and classification of all public lands within the County.
- Plan and supervise the land exchange and sales program of tax forfeited and county fee lands.
- And much more…