Interdisciplinary Entomologist/Plant Pathologist
Posted 4 weeks ago
Employer: USDA Forest Service
Location: Missoula, Montana
Application deadline: March 3, 2023
Full position description and application instructions
- Directs the development of work plans, field staff program of work, staffing plans, budgets, policies, and guiding activities to accomplish program objectives.
- Participates with the Regional State and Private Forest (SPF) Director and other Forest Health Protection (FHP) Group Leaders in the formulation and establishment of Regional policies, programs, and standards.
- Provides updates on field staff accomplishments and significant budget deviations as requested.
- Develops annual and long-term pest management programs for the field staff.
- Extends existing techniques or develops new alternatives for use by specialists, local and state organizations, private landowners, and/or other Federal agencies.
- Provides technical assistance concerning forest insects/pathogens to land managers.
- Develops guidelines by identifying and determining the present amount of damage caused, and exercises scientific judgment of a high order in evaluating the actual or potential seriousness of the infestation.
- And more…