Employer: Forest Stewards Guild
Location: Loveland, Colorado
Application deadline: December 20, 2020 (review of applicants begins)
This is an entry level position and is an excellent opportunity for young people who want to build a career in wildland fire or who are interested in exploring wildland fire as a career. The successful candidate will have a passion for developing prescribed fire and wildland fire skills and experience, the ability to embrace adversity and uncertainty, and a clear commitment to working with diverse populations in an inclusive environment. They will:
- Lead a 5-person squad on daily operations for 5 months.
- Serve as an RXB3 for pile burns.
- Support and build a supportive work environment for early career and new firefighters.
- Support logistical needs of the Module, including managing and maintaining supplies, equipment, vehicles and other needs to complete burning and fuels reduction work.
- Participate in best practices to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Work with crew members and partners to complete a variety of fire and fuels management tasks.
- Complete burn operations at the direction of the burn boss to implement safe low complexity prescribed burning (i.e. pile burning) with minimal smoke impacts.
- And much more.