Employer: Baldwin, Blomstrom, Wilkinson and Associates, Inc
Location: Arcata, California
Application deadline: July 30, 2021
Assist in the collection of high quality forest inventory data primarily for existing carbon offset projects. Under the guidance of a lead forestry technician, the employee supports a wide variety of field tasks including but not limited to:
- Locate and monument inventory plots in the field using a GPS unit.
- Delineate plot boundary using slope correction factors.
- Measure and tag reference trees.
- Collect data such as species, diameter, height, defect and crown class.
- Assess forest type, stand size class, regenerations status, disturbance, and canopy cover.
- Maintain neat and organized field data and notes.
- Closely follow inventory protocols.
- Data entry and organization using Excel.