Employer: National Park Service
Locations for each of three position openings:
- One in Grand Canyon National Park – Duty location either Fredonia, AZ or North Rim, AZ.
- One in Dinosaur National Monument – Duty location Dinosaur, CO.
- One in Bandelier National Monument – Duty location Los Alamos, NM
Application deadline: December 2, 2022
Full position description(s) and application instructions (search Vacancy announcement number is 23-858872-IMRFIRE-DHA if needed)
Incumbent serves as a Type 2 Wildland Fire Module Leader of a skilled wildland fire module requiring strategic and tactical operations skills, technological skills, basic planning skills providing leadership and oversight of a mobile unit.
- Contributes to strategic and tactical decisions in support of planned and unplanned wildfire events, works in small logistically independent groups to accomplish tasks.
- Assists in technical planning and implementation of mechanical fuels and prescribed fire burn plans.
- Utilize the Red Book, job hazard analysis and other agency policy and guidelines to ensure that WFM operations are completed safely and in accordance with policy.
- Oversees WFM administrative tasks (crew time reports, travel, employee performance, training, and hiring) and works with supervisors and administrative support staff to ensure that documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Works with the fire ecologist and resource staff to ensure that activities are in line with land and resource objectives, assist with pre and post fire monitoring, post fire reports, and other documentation as needed.
- Coordinates and assists with NWCG S-courses and other trainings (equipment, safety) and plans annual WFM critical training.
- Oversees employee development, training, assigns tasks, and provides routine feedback and correction to subordinate employees. Consults supervisor when advanced corrective measures are needed.