Employer: Preferred by Nature
Location: New England (Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut) or New York (Other locations may be considered).
Application deadline: August 1, 2022
In the role of Forestry Specialist, you will apply your highly developed client management and quality auditing service skills. You will work within your team to collectively provide client management and auditing services to a subset of forestry clients in the US/Canada regions. You will be directly involved in all aspects of forestry certification assessments and audits including scheduling, project management, customer service, technical guidance, consultant management, quality control and acting as auditor/lead auditor. This role will manage all facets of certification and organisation policy compliance while maintaining a high level of professionalism, efficiency and quality of service as measured by client satisfaction and quality/assurance monitoring and reporting metrics, and conformance with the certification standards. The Forestry Specialist also acts as technical lead on specific subjects, as required.
Other tasks include:
- Managing the execution of forestry engagements throughout the region, including budgeting, service contracts, auditing team identification, logistical planning, support to auditors, report review, coordinating peer reviews, finalising, and approving reports.
- Serving as primary client contact, lead auditor/auditor, and technical reviewer for selected assessments and audits.
- Communicating with ENGOs, Tribes/First Nations, and other interested parties regarding assessment and audit status, explaining Preferred by Nature position on interpretations of the forest certification standard and certification decisions.
- Providing regular progress reports on audit timelines, performance, and goal progress to the supervisor.
- Developing and providing strong expertise, remaining current and highly knowledgeable in standards, policies, and protocols.
- Ensuring efficiency, quality control, and adherence to technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under her/his responsibilities.
- And more…