Employer: Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Locations: St. Paul (may have the option to telework on a part time basis)
Application deadline: October 25, 2021
Full position description and application instructions (search for job #49425)
Provide professional planning services for the Division of Forestry. Coordinate the process to develop or revise division and department statewide operational policy, develop the division annual work plans and accomplishment reports, coordinate division input to department strategic and programmatic plans, research and analyze natural resource issues for the division, and support the Forest Policy, Applied Science, and Forest Resource Planning programs.
Specific duties include:
- Develop plans, reports, or other products such as white papers or issue summaries.
- Coordinate the review and updating of the division’s Internal Policy Framework (e.g. division policies, guidelines, manuals, and direction memos).
- Coordinate division review and input on department policies, procedures, and plans (e.g., operational orders, commissioner’s orders, plans).
- Prepare the division’s annual work plan at the statewide, region, and area levels. This includes working with the DMT and program leaders to develop the annual direction and priorities statement as well as the targets/workload indicators metrics.
- Contribute to Forest Planning Process improvement tasks: Evaluate and develop improvements to the forest resource and management planning process (SFRMP); Incorporate new and evolving DNR forest management policy direction in the planning process as needed.
- Research, analyze, and report on natural resource policy issues as requested by the supervisor, forest policy analyst, section manager, or division director.
Travel is expected for training or project participation to interact with staff and partners.