Employer: Langlade County Forest, Parks, and Recreation
Location: Specific location not listed
Application deadline: None listed, open until filled.
- Administer the Langlade County Forestry and Recreation Department, including public forest
lands, parks and facilities under county ownership. This includes all county forest lands, parks,
fairgrounds, and recreational facilities.
- Supervise department employees and schedule departmental activities and work load.
- Prepare policies and procedures for the department.
- Propose budgets and authorize expenditures for the department.
- Direct the establishment of timber sales on the county forest lands and monitor the marking of
timber, bidding, scaling, allowable cut, aesthetics, cutting practices, and contract compliance.
Administer all timber sales and approve initial and final cutting reports.
- Administer the issuance and compliance of tribal members’ gathering permits of various
miscellaneous forest products.
- Responsible for the development of the Outdoor Recreation Plan and Langlade County Forest
Fifteen Year Comprehensive Land Use Plan.
- Supervise collections for county forest timber stumpage, parks revenue and miscellaneous
- And more…