Employer: The Forestland Group
Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Application deadline: September 25, 2020
The Forestland Analyst will play a key role in the management and strategy development of TFG’s forestland investment portfolios. The successful candidate will also provide timberland valuation assistance to support timberland acquisition and disposition efforts.
- Timberland Appraisal Management
- Manage the timberland appraisal programs to ensure timely and accurate reporting. This includes developing an understanding of timber values and operational potential, wood baskets, logger capacities, recreation potential, conservation status, and carbon project details across all properties.
- Forest Product Market Analysis and Reporting
- Perform regular stumpage, lumber, and carbon offset market analysis for use in timberland valuation, appraisal data support, and portfolio management. Actively participate in quarterly market reporting.
- Transactions Support
- Conduct timberland valuation analysis to support timberland transactions.
- Assist with transactions during all stages including pipeline development, due diligence, acquisition handoff, and deal reporting.
- Assist in the analysis and management of forest carbon projects.
- Forest Planning and Portfolio Strategy Development
- Perform forest growth and yield analysis, forest- and portfolio-level optimization modeling, and participate in strategy development.
- Coordinate with Forest Operations and Transactions teams to implement portfolio strategy.
- Business Analytics
- Develop and manage dashboards to communicate portfolio performance to internal and external stakeholders.