Employer: Department of Conservation & Natural Resources, PA
Location: Dauphin County, PA
Application deadline: June 17, 2021
This position assists in the development of annual objectives for the forest health management program and supervises the planning and conducting of damage appraisals, forest pest IPM, detection and monitoring surveys, biological investigations, and management recommendations.
1. Assimilate and analyze data, understand procedures, coherently organize thoughts, and produce understandable written documents and oral presentations to accomplish the analytical, planning, organizational, informational, and logistical components of related work functions.
2. Acquire and utilize technical knowledge of integrated forest pest management principles and practices to conduct research studies on specific pest problems.
3. Interpret integrated forest pest management principles and practices for professional and lay persons.
4. Prepare and deliver clear and concise technical reports or presentations to professional or lay persons.
5. Supervise field personnel and activities associated with forest health programs.
6. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, associates, other governmental agencies, and the general public.