Employer: USDA Forest Service
Location: Asheville, NC
Response deadline: August 30, 2022
Full outreach notice, link to position description, and response instructions (put ENT in the title search and it will be in the list of vacancies in Asheville, NC)
This is an early alert that the USDA Forest Service, Southern Region, will soon be advertising a permanent, full-time GS-0414-09/11/12 Forest Entomologist position located at the Asheville Field Office in Asheville, NC. If you are interested in this position, please respond to this notice. When this job is announced, the vacancy announcement for this position will be posted on the U.S. Government’s official website for employment opportunities at: www.usajobs.gov. Once the announcement is posted, all who responded to the outreach notice will be contacted by email with the vacancy announcement number to facilitate their application submission. The Forest Service often only takes applications for a few days so direct notification is key to successfully applying.
To express interest in this position please respond directly through the Forest Service Employment Outreach System (put ENT in the title search and it will be in the list of vacancies in Asheville, NC). If you have questions about this position, please contact Bill Carothers at William.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 828-257-4321 (office) or 828-273-4327 (cell).
- Coordinates and implements all aspects of a complex major forest insect detection, evaluation, prevention, and control program.
- Exercises scientific judgment to conceive and conduct special evaluations to gain additional specific knowledge concerning insect biology and ecology.
- Provides site-specific, technical assistance concerning forest insects to land managers.
- Organizes, plans, and conducts forest entomology-related outreach and training programs, presentations, and seminars.
- Works with research and other partners to develop treatment and outreach programs for novel forest insects or those in novel environments.