Employer: Ruffed Grouse Society & American Woodcock Society
Locations: Remote or home office centrally within specified geography
Eastern Great Lakes (MI, OH, IN),
Mid-Atlantic (PA, WV, MD, northern VA, DE, NJ)
Northeast (NY, VT, NH, CT, MA, RI, ME) Posting
Application deadline: December 6, 2020 (or until filled by exceptional candidates)
Each Forest Conservation Director will build and manage a network that achieves forest habitat improvement goals across several states. Directors will help transition RGS/AWS from discrete projects toward scalable, landscape efforts. Specifically:
- Strategize and oversee landscape initiatives, including habitat restoration, active management, and land acquisition.
- Participate in planning for public forestlands and statutory/regulatory processes affecting forest and wildlife management.
- Pursue grants to fund the network, including staff and contracts for habitat work.
- Identify opportunities with foundations, public funding program officers, corporations, and other donors capable of magnifying the RGS/AWS mission through their philanthropic vision.
- Ensure maximum impact of locally raised chapter funds.
- Utilize all forms of media to increase public awareness of the ecological and social benefits of forest management.
- And more…