Employer: The Forestland Group LLC
Location: Chapel Hill, NC (preferred)
Application deadline: January 31, 2022 or until position is filled
The Role: The Carbon Program Manager will be part of a team managing forest carbon projects on properties within TFG’s forestland portfolios, including evaluating the financial, legal, and ecological impacts of existing projects. Additionally, the position will assist in the development and management of new forest carbon projects on existing and future assets in TFG’s investment portfolios. The successful candidate will work with TFG’s sustainability, valuation, forest management, and transaction teams as well as working with external carbon project developers.
- Business Development
- Identify and assist in the development of new forest carbon projects on TFG assets
- Develop, manage, and optimize forest carbon projects for financial, sustainability, and forest operations goals
- Engage with transactions team on forest carbon analysis and valuation
- Maintain the integrity of TFG’s forest carbon program
- and more
- Project Management and Development
- Coordination of project development, reporting, and verification
- Contribute to the development and shaping of voluntary and compliance market methodologies and protocols for natural forests
- Routinely provide carbon data and reports for portfolio management and impact reporting
- Manage CITSS, carbon exchanges, and other registry accounts
- and more.