Employer: Suffolk County Water Authority
Location: Westhampton Beach, NY
Application deadline: None listed. Still posted as of January 18, 2022.
The Central Pine Barrens Joint Planning and Policy Commission, through the Suffolk County Water Authority, is currently accepting applications for a Fire Management Specialist to perform key roles in managing the Comprehensive Prescribed Fire Program for the Central Pine Barrens region.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- leading the development and implementation of all aspects of the prescribed fire management program;
- the supervision and training of prescribed fire crews;
- conducting fuels, smoke and wildland fire management/mitigation;
- assisting with public education and outreach
- assisting in the preparation of prescribed and wildland fire management plans for ecological and fuel management in collaboration with other agencies and stakeholders.
The overarching programmatic goals for the prescribed fire program include fostering biological diversity; natural resource conservation and restoration and wildfire risk reduction within the Central Pine Barrens.