Employer: Energy, Minerals & Natural Resources Dept, New Mexico
Location: Cimarron, New Mexico
Application deadline: open until filled
Full job description and application instructions (search job #112916)
This position requires protection of life, property, and that state natural resources through the planning, coordination, and implementations of wildfire prevention and mitigation programs, wildfire suppression response activities, and prescribed burn programs.
- Supervise and coordinate the training and orientation of new and current firefighters.
- Plan and implement an annual training program to introduce staff to new techniques and concepts while continuing education of current firefighters.
- Supervise the maintenance of equipment and vehicles to ensure safety and effectiveness.
- Participate in the budgeting process for annal expenses and revenue.
- Participate and provide input to the fire chief for the expenditure of funds and coordinate the procurement of wildland equipment and apparatus.
- And more!