Extension Coordinator- Master Woodland Mgr and WOW in Oregon
Posted 1 month ago
Employer: Oregon State University Extension Service, Forestry & Natural Resources Program
Location: Oregon State
Application deadline: March 15, 2023 for full consideration
Full position description and application instructions
Master Woodland Manager (MWM) -The suite of MWM courses is offered in each county in Oregon on a rotating basis.
- Coordinate one or more MWM suite of courses each year by working with county-based Extension foresters throughout the state.
- Work with Extension foresters to keep the MWM core curriculum relevant to the needs of the participants and the different regions of the state.
- Coordinate the scheduling of instructors (topic area specialists) for each course/module within the MWM course.
- Provide technical and educational resources and maintain online learning materials in the Canvas platform.
- Create and/or promote continuing education opportunities for past participants/volunteers.
- Provide oversight and leadership to volunteers in partnership with FNR faculty.
Women Owning Woodlands Network (WOWNet) –Learning and networking opportunities should be provided throughout the year.
- Coordinate learning events.
- Deliver stand-alone WOWNet workshops and classes at Tree Schools.
- Write articles for the national WOWNet organization.
- Create networking opportunities.
- Provide general assistance to the WOWNet community.