Employer: Hillsborough County’s Environmental Lands Management Section
Location: Lower Green Swamp Preserve Field Office in Plant City, Florida
Application deadline: December 29, 2020
Provides technical support for access and management of lands acquired through the Hillsborough County Jan K. Platt Environmental Lands Acquisition and Protection Program (ELAPP).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive.
- Provides maintenance of existing and future access points, trails, and park sites at all ELAPP Preserves.
- Conducts exotic plant control using herbicide and other methods.
- Assists with exotic, invasive, and nuisance animal removal.
- Assists with prescribed burns by preparing fire lanes and prescribed burn activities.
- Assists with or gives guided field trips on various nature preserves.
- Assists with water quality monitoring.
- Assists with restoration activities, including planting of native species.
- Maintains signs, restroom facilities, and parking areas at various preserves.