Employer: State of New Mexico Energy, Minerals & Natural Resourcs Department
Location: Capitan, New Mexico
Application deadline: None listed, open until filled (still posted as of Aug 4, 2020)
Full position description and application instructions (search job #5347)
This position requires protection of life, property, and that state natural resources through planning, coordination, direction, and implementations of wildfire prevention/mitigation programs, wildfire suppression response activities, and prescribed burning programs. Duties include:
- Supervise and coordinate the training and orientation of new and current firefighters.
- Plan and implement an annual training program to introduce staff to new techniques and concepts while continuing education of current firefighters.
- Supervise the maintenance of equipment and vehicles to ensure safety and effectiveness.
- Participate in the budgeting process for annual expenses and revenue.
- Participate and provide input to county fire chiefs for the expenditure of funds and coordinate the procurement of wildland equipment and apparatus.
- And more!