Employer: The Forestland Group LLC
Location: Chapel Hill, NC (preferred). Significant domestic and international travel is expected.
Application deadline: November 30, 2021, or until the position is filled
The Director of Forest Carbon will lead the management of forest carbon projects on properties in TFG’s portfolios, including evaluating the financial, legal, and ecological impacts of existing projects. Additionally, the position will direct the development and management of new forest carbon projects on existing and future assets in TFG’s investment portfolios. The Director will work with TFG’s sustainability, valuation, forest management, and transaction teams as well as working with external carbon project developers.
- Identify and direct the development of new forest carbon projects on existing TFG assets and lead the underwriting and development of projects on future investments
- Develop, manage, and optimize forest carbon projects for financial, sustainability, and forest operations goals
- Engage with transactions team on forest carbon analysis and valuation
- Maintain the integrity of TFG’s forest carbon program
- and more
Project Management and Development
- Direct and coordinate carbon project development, reporting, and verification
- Contribute to the development and shaping of voluntary and compliance market methodologies and protocols for natural forests
- Routinely provide carbon data and reports for portfolio management and impact reporting
- and more.