Employer: The Nature Conservancy
Location: Albany, New York
Application deadline: November 29, 2020
Full position description and application description (search job #49102)
The Conservation Forester helps grow a rapidly emerging climate change mitigation and forest conservation program centered around forest carbon markets. The Conservation Forester leads the forest certification and sustainable forest management aspects of the Conservancy’s Working Woodlands Program in the New York Division and plays a central role in all phases of forest carbon project development and management.
- May manage multi-disciplinary administrative and professional staff, with responsibility for performance management, training and career development.
- Coordinates and manages internal and external partners, contractors, and other stakeholders to accomplish project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Gains cooperation from outside parties to accomplish program goals.
- Financial responsibility may include working within/managing a budget to complete projects, negotiating and contracting with vendors, assisting with budget development, and meeting fundraising targets.
- Ensures program compliance with internal policies and external requirements.
- And more…