Employer: Trees Forever
Location: Marion, Iowa
Application deadline: November 12, 2020 (but still posted online as of November 16, 2020)
- Forest Health (70% of time) – under the guidance, assistance, and training of the Iowa DNR Forest Health Forester:
- Assist in trapping, stream baiting, survey activities, trainings, and sample collections on key forest pests as identified by the Forest Health Forester.
- Respond to private homeowners and landowners by phone, email, or site visit related to tree and forest health concerns.
- Work with DNR private and public land foresters and Trees Forever field staff as requested to help identify forest pest and disease issues in the field.
- and more…
- Community Forestry (30% of time) – under the guidance, assistance and training of the Urban Forestry Coordinator and Trees Forever:
- Assist cities with urban forestry related activities such as city public/private tree inventories and canopy cover assessments.
- Assist communities by conducting tree risk assessments for the benefit of public safety.
- Provide urban and community forestry technical assistance to volunteer leaders, tree boards and other groups.
- and more….