Employer: State of New Mexico, Enrgy, Minrls & Ntrl Rsrcs Dpt
Location: Las Vegas, New Mexico
Application deadline: none listed – open until filled
Full position description and application instructions (search job ID# 113811)
he purpose of this position is to serve as the focal point for fiscal, budget, payroll, human resource, and office administrative functions of the Forestry Division’s Las Vegas District. This position is responsible to assure financial and administrative matters of the District are managed in a professional, timely, and accurate manner. In addition, this position assists with multiple wildfire suppression activities of the District such as but not limited to: logistics, resource orders, and detailed fire expenditure and cost projections.
- Prepare and process purchase documents and payment vouchers,
- Conduct administrative duties and maintain and track the District budget,
- Conduct office management activities such as receptionist duties:
- filing and file maintenance,
- maintaining an inventory of office and cleaning supplies,
- maintenance of office machines, telephone system, and data systems,
- administrative training of District staff,
- maintenance and accounting of petty cash,
- human resources,
- Provide wildland fire suppression and business support for the District, and
- Assist the District with delivery of its natural resource public education and information program.