Employer: Colorado State University, Colorado Forest Restoration Institute
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Application deadline: December 13, 2020
This Research Associate II position is specifically tasked with contributing to a program of work that advances collaborative forest restoration, integrated natural resource planning, and wildfire risk mitigation decision-making in Colorado and the Interior West with spatial data production, management, modeling, analysis, and communication. The incumbent will be responsible for spatial data production using remote sensing and field-based technologies (GPS), spatial data management, spatial analysis to support science and planning initiatives, and written and oral communication of spatial data and results of spatial analyses to diverse audiences.
Program and Project Development (25%):
- Contribute to CFRI data analysis and wildfire risk assessment and decision support programs and project development by initiating ideas, communicating with CFRI team members to refine ideas, and contributing to internal CFRI strategic and operational action plans.
- And more..
Program and Project Management (50%):
- Apply technical expertise as appropriate to carry out and complete tasks in coordination and collaboration with other CFRI staff to produce, analyze, and communicate results of spatial data analysis.
- Evaluate and communicate knowledge from CFRI ecological monitoring and research programs through oral presentations to project partners and professional audiences, and through written products, such as refereed journal article submissions, technical reports,
project briefing papers, and popular media.
- And more…
Applied Research (25%)
- Contribute to or lead discussions with CFRI team members and research partners about basic and applied research opportunities and approaches that support CFRI programs of work and strategic directions.
- Co-author or lead scientific journal papers, technical reports to managers and collaboration stakeholders, and non-technical briefing papers to policy-makers and the general public.
- And more…