Employer: Clemson University, Regulatory & Public Service Programs
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Application deadline: September 16, 2020
Administers South Carolina Asian Longhorned Beetle Cooperative Eradication Program through overall program management, collaboration with other agencies and Division personnel, reporting and cooperative agreement management, personnel management and supervision, and budget oversight. Duties include:
- Directs and coordinates activities of Asian Longhorned Beetle (ALB) Cooperative Eradication program in South Carolina in close cooperation with United States Department of Agriculture-ALB South Carolina lead and South Carolina State Plant Regulatory Official.
- Public outreach and education,
- Regulatory and enforcement response,
- Ground and tree survey,
- Data management,
- Supervision of staff, and
- Cooperative agreement and contract management.
- Research and prepare reports and provide routine program updates,
- Work with Department of Plant Industry Assistant Director and Invasive Species Program Manager to prepare and maintain annual ALB Cooperative Agreement.
- Coordinate data collection and employee training, equipping and safety.
- Negotiate contracts for inspection and survey services.