Employer: Missouri Department of Conservation
Location: Bristol, Florida
Application deadline: September 2, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Full position description and application instructions (search job #51950 if needed from this link)
Provide leadership at ABRP and develop programs aligned with achieving CCI’s mission. Supervise the Conservation Land Manager. Help onsite visitors and neighboring communities understand the ecological and economic importance of protected areas and natural systems and The Nature Conservancy’s role in their conservation through outreach programming. Explain the importance of protecting and conserving flora, fauna, and the benefits to people. Work with the CCI Training & Education Coordinator and outreach staff to develop and implement education and training courses and materials. The ABRP Manager ensures that facilities maintenance needs are addressed and coordinates regular facility operations with the preserve staff. They identify and successfully obtain grant funding to support CCI programs at ABRP and provide TNC philanthropy and government relations staff with support as needed. This position reports to the Preserve Management Director.
Responsibilities and scope include:
Programmatic Management of Apalachicola Bluffs and Ravines Preserve (50%)
- Works with ABRP staff and CCI team members across Florida to deliver focal initiatives (public outreach, education/training, science/strategy, and stewardship demonstration) through onsite, virtual, and community programs and events.
- In coordination with staff, manages ABRP and the six other TNC preserves in northern Florida.
- Coordinates visitor use and facilities requests with staff and delegates oversight as needed.
- Coordinates with supervisor and SAF Field Program staff to support strategic conservation projects in the landscape surrounding ABRP.
- Participates on prescribed fires as a fire team member.
- Serves as a training and education instructor/speaker related to school field trips, training courses, and educational events/activities at ABRP, virtually, and in nearby communities.
- And more
Staff supervision (25%)
Supports SAF and other Florida Chapter Departments as needed (10%)